Friday, November 02, 2007

Weight Loss Journal Part 3

It was a very uneventful week. After the somewhat negative feedback I recieved last week I can be proud of the fact that I did not give into old patterns. This tells me that a change has been made.

I have noticed lately that I have some definition in my legs and thighs. I guess all of the walking I have done is FINALLY starting to pay off!!! I am long away from reaching all of my goals. I guess I have to take it one day at a time. This will be hard for me because as I have said before I am VERY impatient I want this weight gone like right now!!!!

I am also changing some of the ways I eat. I take smaller portions and it seems to fill me up just fine. I will give you an example. Sunday my roommate cooked a wonderful brunch. I had a spoonful of eggs, 1 slice of bacon and 1 slice of whole wheat toast. I also had several chunks of cantalope and honeydew melon. Yum Yum! After about an hour after that I went out and walked for about 90 minutes. I feel so much better after I excercise. It really keeps me motivated. This coming from ME who HATES to excercise. The tradeoff is I am seeing some results.

Other things have changed. Instead of drinking SEVERAL cans of soda a day I am drinking more water and juice. I have also reduced my salt intake. By force of habit I always covered my food with additional salt. Now I hardly reach for the salt shaker anymore. At night after I come home from teaching I usually have a sandwhich either turkey or chicken salad on whole grain bread.

All of these things I am doing have great health benefits. I am reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes both of which run in my family.

So this is going to be a SLOW process but in the end if I am thin and healthy it will ALL be worth it.

4 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

Marie - if that is you in your profile - I think that you look great. How much do you want to lose?

I know what you are saying about weight though - at my age of 40 years old - things are not the same. I would like to drop a measely 20 pounds and it is the hardest thing to do.

Mt regime is:

Breakfast: Fruit always (Or Frosted Flakes on ocassion).

Lunch - Salads of all kinds. (Pasta and other low-fat on ocassion).

Dinner - Whatever I have with my family, but portion control.

Exercise - walk 2 - 5 miles a day.

This worked for me for awhile - lost 13 pounds. Then I started school and gained it all back and then some.

Grrr...now its the holidays and I am doomed. :)

Good Luck!!!!

Marie said...

Tery, yes that is me! That picture was taken by my friend Chris at at the Railroad Pass where I like to do karaoke.

My roommate and I plan to take some more professional pictures in the coming weeks.

When all is said and done I plan to drop at least 50 pounds. I know it sounds like a lot but it isin't.

My goal is to slim down and tone up by August of 08 which will be my 40th birthday!

Bleeding Heart said...

My birthday is in July!!!

Rain said...

Looking good Maire, keep up the good work :)