Wednesday, November 15, 2006

In The News!

Just a little update. My aunt is feeling much better. I guess my dad going out there helped her alot.

Lynette, Rachel and I brought a major case of Bronchitis home for SLC! Lynette is still fighting it a little bit. It makes it hard for her to sing at her Karaoke show. What a Drag! But we found a remedy-Lots of Beer! HaHa!

I have found a temporary job until tax season starts-I hope! I have been asked to clean up the books of a local businessman. I went to his office and took a look-Whoa Man! They are a mess! I hope I can fix this!

Below is a recent picture of me with a friend at Jim & Lynette's Show.



I guess my friend is a little camera shy! That is odd knowing what I know about him. Wierd


I was watching the news last night at the town of Parumph has adopted English as it's official language. Of course some people got upset. Who doesn't when something controversial happens? Here is how I feel about this. It will FORCE people who do not speak English (yes you know who you are) wether you are in this country legally or not to learn english! The classes are free fro Christ's sake. So please take some time to take these classes-it will bring you one step closer to what you TRULY want-to enjoy the freedoms enjoyed by US citizens.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo siento pero yo no hablo inglés

or

Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas l'anglais

::::snickering:::::

Actually, I couldn't agree more. If I moved to a foreign country that didn't have english as their primary language, I'd learn theirs. It shouldn't be up to them to try an accomodate me if I'm too lazy to learn it.

By the way, cute pic. I'm like your friend there, I'm usually turned away.

Take care,
Sid

Marie said...

Sid-Thanks a bunch! I am a little tired of this immagration issue, but this is one step closer for the non english speaking to stop being lazy!

No Habla Espanol!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, if a person is going to live and work in the US, they must learn english!

Congrats on the new job, yay! You look very pretty in your picture.

Have a great week! ~Rain

Marie said...

Rain-Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for getting the job. Hope you are feeling better now.

Polar B.

Marie said...

Polar Bear-Thanks! I am still coughing a little bit but nothing to worry about.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the "beer is a cure all" thing! lol

Marie said...

Jen-Beer does a body good. Got Beer?

Mystical Me said...

I agree with Jlee, Beer seems to have a healing power. Not to mention its used to help breastfeeding woman, to help milk production. Although, your supposed to drink the nonalcohlic one to help do that, lol. ;)
I hope you feel better soon sweetheart.
Congrats, on the new Job!! WOOOWHOO!! Good for you!!
Have an awesome weekend & take care of yourself sweetie. Love always, MM XOXO

Marie said...

MM-Thanks for the support. The friends I have on Blogger are AWESOME!! Take care of you XXXX