Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sorry To Be MIA!

Sorry friends I have not posted anything deep and with substance in a while. I have been experiencing a mild case of writer's block coupled with thoughts about how I can make my deepest dreams (that nobody knows about) become a reality. These thoughts and fantasies seem to be consuming me.

For now here what's going on. I started teaching on Monday and all the anxiety came back at once; the nausea the lump in my throat everything! I broke the ice by creating humor and my students seemed to enjoy it. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been there is always next time. In addition to teaching, I will be starting my certification classes on the 25th. Between teaching and classes it seems I will not have time for anything else.

I recently let a writer friend of mine read my manuscript. She suggested some changes. I recently re read the manuscript and I thought boy have I come a long way since I started writing in 2002. My goal of this book is to reach thoes who have survived what I have and continue to struggle on the path to recovery. I do not plan to write a best seller or make the best seller list (although that would be cool) but very unlikely. Now begins the intense task of editing and rewriting.

With all that is going on I am trying to look for the balance. Between teaching, taking classes and editing the book I need to find time for ME! If I don't all the work I did in recovery will be for not.

9 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Nice to know that you are teaching now. It's also nice to know that you are to publish a book soon. Go for it my friend. Don't mind if it does not become a best seller. What's important is that you were able to achieve one of your fondest dreams in life. Then who knows where your creative talent will bring you? I hope your world will turn into a rosy one and the bitter things of the past will become just a mist that will evaporate in due time. Just believe in yourself and hold on to your lifelong values in life. Thanks for the wonderful post. I really enjoyed it. God bless you with the more pleasant things in life.

Princess Heidi said...

Hi Marie,
It's nice to be back in your blog again. Did you miss me?

JLee said...

Sounds like you're on the way to some great things. You can achieve anything! :)

Tery Lynne said...

My first manuscript I had 30 drafts!!!!!!

If you need help let me know. I, too am writing my 2nd book on violene and survival.

Good for you! Keep up the good work.

I am an email away :)

Polar Bear said...

It sounds like your life is pretty full at the moment, which is great. I hope the writing continues to go well.

I used to teach a few years ago - it takes a LOT out of you. I'm glad to hear you are managing it OK.

Take care

heiresschild said...

hi marie, definitely take some time for yourself so you don't burn out. you have a nice little schedule going on there, and i'm sure, once you settle in to teaching and your classes, everything else will fall into place. i wondered what happened to you, so i'm glad i decided to click on this blog instead of the poetry one, where i usually click on.

Dr. Deb said...

I can relate to writers block too.

tiara said...

Get your butt back here girl!!!! :)

Marie said...

Thanks everybody! I have a new post out there. Sorry I have not posted in a while. My computer is in the shop getting fixed. It will cost me $300.00 to pick it up. That SUCKS!!!