Friday, October 19, 2007

Weight Loss Journal Part 1

Since I moved out of my parent's home in July a wonderful thing happened. My roommate noticed that I have been dropping some weight. So I decided to put in an effort and keep this going. I am in the process of a personal transformation both mind and body. Since July, I have lost at least 1 dress size, exercise every day and have been making better eating choices. However, there are some days that I forget to eat at all which I know is unhealthy. My goal is simple, I want to lose 50 pounds and get into shape by my 40th birthday next August.

I know there will be days where I will want to throw in the towel and just say forget it! I need the support of my friends old and new to keep me motivated. The motivation for me right now is seeing the fruits of my labor. I see small but subtle changes in my body. I am a very impatient person. I want to be thin like yesterday.

My weight and body image problems have plagued me for most of my life. I find it very inspirational that some people who are overweight have such positive body images. I guess I am caught in the perfect body trap. I am a little shallow so sue me!

I mentioned that I have seen some of the fruits of my labor. I was in a bar on Tuesday evening and my friend said to me that two guys that were sitting next to us could not take their eyes off my boobs. The only thing that sucked was that they were not attractive. Okay I am shallow so what! It made me feel good that men are looking at me. I never really had that because I used to dress in frumpy oversized clothes that did nothing for me.

I guess now since I am dropping the weight, I like to dress better and wear clothes that show a little more of my body (the men in my social circle seem to appreciate that) . I have also noticed that my libido has increased dramatically! I guess it is time I write more of my erotic fantasy stories and try and get them published!

My current profile picture is going to be the thing of the past very soon. Since the weight loss, I have grown my hair a little longer which my men friends like and I have added a lot of blonde highlights. By this time next year I hope to be thin and beautiful. If you have always been thin, I don't think you can TRULY understand the struggles and the stigmas associated with being overweight. I would encourage anyone out there who reads this to send me a message. Maybe together we can be a source of support for each other.

I know this time I WILL succeed because I have already seen my thinner self.

7 comments:

JLee said...

There is nothing wrong or shallow with wanting to look and feel good Marie! You can do it. It's interesting how much our family influences us. My mom had weight issues and after getting away from her, I lost weight! She had more impact on my thinking than I realized. Break the pattern. Keep up the good work and have a fantastic weekend! xo

Bleeding Heart said...

Good for you :) Keep it up...you can do it.

I wish you the best and keep us posted how you are losing the weight...I would love some feedback :)

~Tery

Dr. Deb said...

Sounds like your are blooming in many ways. How great!

Miss Defective said...

Good luck with the weight loss, hope you stcik with it and reach your goal. Remember to give yourself little rewards along the way, you deserve them.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Of course you will succeed if you put your heart and mind and all your efforts to succeed. As the saying goes, look good and feel good. It's a good motivation for you to keep on going. The rewards are plentiful once you hit your goals. Smile always. God bless and have a wonderful and exciting day.

Polar Bear said...

Well done Marie! I'm so glad to hear the weight loss has been progressing so well for you.

I'm proud of you and your efforts.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Keep at it!!

I'm not doing too good right now. Swinging from deep depression to rage. Thanks for asking though. I called my pdoc and am waiting for him to call back because I think I need a med tweek.