Saturday, June 21, 2008

Getting A Face Lift

Ha Ha made you look! The face lift is not literal but figurative. I am hardly a candidate for a face lift yet!

A friend of mine wants to make an investment to get my book into circulation, so I am making some changes to the book to make it look more professional and to obtain an ISBN number.

For those of you who have already have a copy, it is 8.5x11, I am changing it to 6.9 (the size of a small paperback). This will hopefully increase the number of pages. I am also adding some things that I omitted when I first published the book. I have included a title and copy write page, table of contents and a bibliography. I also have to include blank pages because the number of pages have to be divisible by 50. I am keeping the title and the book cover the same. So with these changes, the book will be eligible for me to obtain an ISBN number. Now onto other things.

The weight loss is in the home stretch. I have about 15 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight. My legs and butt are defined due to all of the exercise I have been doing. When I was younger, I was ALWAYS teased by others that I had "chicken legs" and my mother in having no ass. No wonder I developed a poor body image. What the fuck!!!!!! The only thing I REALLY have to concentrate on is my hips and stomach. I did a little research and I found out that I have a pear shaped body (which is common amongst Italian women). All excess weight is distributed to the hips and stomach. What a drag!!! I am now wearing clothes that are 4 sizes too big. This reminds me how far I have come. Since July of last year I went from a size 18/20 to a better size 10/12. What an accomplishment that is!!!!

11 comments:

JLee said...

I think the book revamp is a great idea.
Congrats on your weight loss...that is fantastic, Marie! I'll bet you feel like a million bucks :)

Marie said...

J Lee- Thanks I fell better all the time!

Matt said...

Can I please please please write the foreword to the new book?????

Marie said...

No!!!

Matt said...

but it would be about how you inspired me to write my own series of limericks, to express my creativity and share it with the world like you are doing!

You have been a huge inspiration to me, and I want all three people who buy the book to know that! Please reconsider!

Matt said...

pretty please.....

Matt said...

I'll be your best friend....

Matt said...

I love you....

Marie said...

Continuing to insult me will get you nowhere!!!

Matt said...

Hey Babe -

Here's my first draft at writing your foreword. Let me know what you thing, and be totally honest:

Marie's writing talent has no ends,
How smooth every verse blends.
She says she's not a dyke,
And yet we're so much alike,
We're accountants, poets, and best friends!

Now you can change a few words around, but try not to disrupt the natural flow of the limerick.

When is the publishing date?

Marie said...

Matt, you missed your chance. It is a done deal!!