Saturday, September 30, 2006

An Update and a Dedication

Lynette called me yesterday to inform me that the parole board decided that Barry is not eligilble for parole again until August 2009. What a victory this is for Lynette and Jim and for victims everywhere. In this case the system DOES work. We as victims have the power to envoke change even though we think we are not strong enough.

We can move on with our lives and NOT think about this for now. The last step is that Lynette has to settle with the hospital that Barry worked in. She wants it done and over with so she can get on with the other things she has to do.

I think of the song "Broken" I especially like the lines "The worst is over now and we can breathe again." I would like to dedicate the song and video to Lynette, Jim and Rachel.

6 comments:

Fleur de Bee said...

Hey Marie! Not ignoring you just uber busy here!!! So happy for your family, what a relief and peace, at least until 2009!

Just call my cell when you are headed to SLC for the concert and I can meet up with you somewhere if my schedule allows. Maybe a dip in the hot tub with a drink after the show. WOW that sounds nice right now lol.

Take care girl!
XX

JLee said...

I love that song too. I like the words "I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away" too. That is a wonderful dedication. Here's to moving forward...

Marie said...

Molly-Can't wait for the trip. I will definitely call you once we get into town. I would like to see you even if it is only for a drink or breakfast. I will be bringing along another of my blogger friends Shannin, she is a real cool chic.

I am glad this stuff with Barry is over for now. WE can all breathe again.

Jen-Thanks We are all looking to moving forward. I think the trip to Salt Lake City is what we need to relieve some stress. Lynette, Rachel and I are going to see Evanescence. What a great show that will be. Brittany's spirit will be there also.

Polar Bear said...

Hey Marie
Thanks for sharing "Broken". It's a good song.

Polar B.

Marie said...

Polar Bear-It is so good to hear from you again. Thanks for stopping by!!!

JLee said...

that's awesome, Marie. I think our loved ones that we have lost want us to be happy and feel joy again, even though we miss them. Hopefully, the wounds will heal. Have a wonderful time in SLC!