Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'M BACK!!!

Well friends, tax season is over. It was a very good one for me. My office growth was up 6.7% for the year. All of my sacrifices and long hours on the job were worth it. I hope now I will see some financial compensation. Our luncheon was yesterday. We had a very good turnout and I recieved an recognition award from my district manager. I was surprised to recieve the award but thrilled none the less. I guess my hard work payed off in so many ways.

My parents are moving out of Las Vegas to Pahrump on May first. I decided not to go with them. I did some research and the job market is not good out there. I will be staying with my brother until I can find a steady job and a place to live. I have been very stressed out about this. I had a job interview with a CPA on Thursday. I am sorry to say that I don't think I got it. When they tell you "Thanks for meeting with us" that sends a signal to me that things did not well. I will know for sure on Monday. I will have to go back to the temp agency and re register. I have been dragging my heels as far as packing is concerned. I am not thrilled about this move. I am a little upset with my Dad. This move was because HE is unhappy with our current living situation and so he is making everybody else around him miserable which I thinks is selfish and a little self absorbed. I guess I will just have to accept this and move on.

Now on to my writing endeavors. The book is finished. It has been for quite some time. I guess I am afraid of having it published. There is a lot in this book that will hurt my family. I am fearful that I will burn some bridges (Maybe you Dr Deb can give me some advice on this) . It seems that I have ALWAYS done or not done things just to save face with others and not thought of myself (Dr Deb maybe you can give me some insight on this).

Well I hope everybody is doing well. That is all I have for now. Please take care.

9 comments:

JLee said...

Glad to see you back, Marie. I think you should go for it on your book. It kind of reminds me of that show "October Road" on ABC where that guys writes a book and it hits big, but pisses off his hometown! lol

Dr. Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Deb said...

Hooray!
Hooray!

Tax season is over.

What a tough, pressured profession the accounting field is.

Now that you are able to catch your breath, definitley dive in and get it published!!!

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Proud of you for your award!! How cool. My wife is studying to be an accountant.

Family sucks--for the most part.

Miss Defective said...

Welcome back & congrats on the award, I'm sure you deserved it.

Moving is very stressful, but I'm glad you can stay with your brother. Hope he's a safe person to be around, meaning I hope you two get along.

As for the book, there will always be people that aren't going to understand and will be hurt or offended by what you write, even if it's not about them. But you can't control anyone's response and you shouldn't let fears over what those responses might be interfere with your desire to get published.

They'll either get over it and move on, or you don't need to be wasting your time with them. Least that's my 2 cents on the subject.

Marie said...

Jen-Thanks

Dr Deb-Yes I am glad that tax season is over. I must confess that I don't know the first thing about publishing. Another problem I have is finding money for the publishing costs.

James-Thanks so much! I hope your wife does well in her studies. Accounting is a tough course of study especially when you get to the advanced level courses.

Sid-Thanks. My brother and I are not close that is a sadness of my life.but one that I will just have to live with.

Rain said...

Hi Marie!

Congratulations on your award, that is awesome that they recognized your effort!

Don't worry about publishing your book, those words are yours and they will set you free. As for your family the truth is often painful and you are not responsible for their feelings or actions.

XOXO

Marie said...

Rain, thanks a lot. I am a little scared of who it might make angry. I sincerely hope that my anxiety will subside.

Mystical Me said...

Its good to see you again sweetheart. I m sorry I havent been around. But Im going to make it appoint to make my rounds more. I do hope all is well with you. Take care!! Love always, MM XOXO