Saturday, April 19, 2008

10 Reasons Why I Blog

I have been tagged by JLee and Mel. Now that tax season is over I can get back to blogging and my other writing projects.


1. To showcase my artistic talent. Despite negative feedback I have recieved lately on my poetry, I do feel I have been given a gift that should not be wasted.

2. To reach out to the outside world. In the past I have been somewhat of a hermit. I am thankful to say it is in the PAST!!

3. To meet and chat with very interesting people. I have made several friends through blogging (JLee, Mel, Ballerina Gurl and Tery) just to name a few.

4. To offer support and encouragement to thoes who have experienced some of the same things I have. A good support network is such an important thing to have. It lets one know that they are not alone in their struggles.

5. To read other people's point of view on a variety of topics. We are ALL diffrent. If we were all the same the world would be a very boring place to live in. I HATE BORING!!!!!

6. To stop myself from being a couch potato.

7. A good way to pass the time.

8. To develop and improve my writing skills.

9. It fuels my creativity. Changing and redesigning the blog from time to time is a very good thing.

10. A good way to stimulate the brain cells (sometimes).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of you know me as “Dreamwriter.” I recently
Launched a new blog called, “Bipolar Speaks.” One day something came over me as I was reading websites called “Post Secret” and also a blog who had a post where they had quotes from other Bloggers with mental illness about how they felt.

It occurred to me that WE need an escape to let out our feelings and frustrations. I know that a lot of bloggers say what they feel within their own blogs, but you are welcome to share your thoughts, opinions, and feelings.

You are welcome to help raise awareness and put a stop to the Stigma that lies within mental illness. We can change the world - one story at a time.

I thought it would be interesting
To design a “Safe Haven” for those who battle with a Mental Illness; and allow them to come and let out their most darkest, painful, and emotional feelings. This would be a great way to spread awareness by letting society know what is REAL about mental illness.

If you are interested, you can submit a story or short piece as an “Anonymous” contributor, or if you don‘t care about what others think, then feel free to reveal your blogger identity; its purely up to you.. I tried this several times and the “Anonymous” button works and ends up in my email as an “Anonymous” comment.

The rules and regulations are in the blog within a post. Take the time to read them thoroughly and I hope that you become a constant contributor.

Remember, we all have things on our chest to let out and we all truly don’t want others to know. But now is an opportunity for YOU to speak up, speak out, and be heard!

I know that I have a lot of feelings and issues that I don’t want my husband, friends, or family to know about…this is my chance to get it off my chest and I WILL be a constant contributor.

Depending on the issue, I might submit the story under both “anonymous” and my name.
Go to “Bipolar Speaks” and look around, don’t forget to display the Bipolar Speaks button on your blog and link it back to us.

By the way, I still have my other blog, so don’t forget about me over there, too. :)

Marie said...

I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

JLee said...

Those are all fine reasons, Marie! Don't let criticism stop you from writing...it's a wonderful thing to let out your feelings :)

JLee said...

how sad

Matt said...

Awww, c'mon JLee - I said nice things about you!

Marie said...

Why are you here Matt? Do you get off on annoying people?

Matt said...

Honestly, it tickles me!!! HEE HEE HEEE....

I know that you love it!

Bleeding Heart said...

Those are wonderful reasons. And you should moderate your comments. It is truly easy and not so much work.

Dr. Deb said...

Some of your reasons are some of MY reasons!

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's anything such as negative feedback on poetry. It's so intensely subjective.

Either they liked it or not. They don't have the right to pronounce it good or bad.

Keep writing!