Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update

Well I know it has been a while since I have last posted. Here is what is going on. On July 4Th the compressor for our AC blew out. Since then we have had no AC in the house. So you are wondering why I have not written in a while, it has been too hot to do anything!!! Everybody (including my pets) have been trying to stay cool. I think everybody who lives in my house has sweat off at least two pounds. I have been drinking LOTS of water and running the fans. Imagine the desert in July with NO AC!! It truly sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I was told the repair man is coming tomorrow. Why wait so long, we all have been experiencing cash flow problems but it is getting better.

Good news on the job front. Last week I started a new temp/perm position. It will be temp for a couple of months so the agency can make its money. It is a AP position for a resort management company. I am responsible for entering all invoices for 5 properties. They are happy with my work so far. I am confident that I will be hired on sometime during the fall.

I hope everybody is doing well and staying cool, which is more than I can say for me!!!

9 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats on the new job - but I thought you wanted to get out of accounting? Wasn't that part of the plan?

Maybe you've finally learned that you only work for one reason - MONEY!!! Not for enjoyment, just MONEY!!!

Try to stay cool - temps back home in Boston are in the 90's too! But at least I have A/C......

Love ya,

Matt

Bleeding Heart said...

Hey its me Dreamwriter/Tery. This doesn't need to be published on your blog. Lost your email address :(

Can you please email me at beachwriter19@yahoo.com. I want to ask you some questions about Lulu.com. Thanks tery

JLee said...

Oh man Marie! That is unbearable. I'm happy about your new job though :)

Miss Defective said...

I'd have died already if the AC went out here and I don't even live in the desert!

The company is happy with your work...but are you happy with the job???? As Matt mentioned, I thought you were looking for a change.

Marie said...

Matt-I do want to change industries. I hope something will happen with the book so I can realize that dream. Until then, the job just pays the bills!!!

J Lee-AC is working fine now. Thank goodness!

Sid-Yes I do want to work in another industry. The job is okay-it pays the bills!!

Matt said...

It's all about the money, honey!
People who say that money can't buy happiness don't know where to shop!!!!

Matt said...

Hey Babe -

How's it going? New job going well? Keeping cool? Back home, we're having a cooling trend - it's only going to be 80 with low humidity.

You should come back! Don't make me break into a verse of "Please Come To Boston".....

Matt said...

.....hey ramblin' girl
Why don't you settle down
Vegas ain't your kind of town
There ain't no gold
And there ain't nobody like me....

Please come to Boston....

Unknown said...

Hi Marie,

You don't me - I stumbled on your blog serendipitously I think. I am 35, needing a change badly, wanting to be a writer, trying to figure out what to do in my life. Weird. The universe is sending me a lot of abstract places these days.

Anyways, I thought I should just say hey. You seem like my kind of girl! You inspired me to get typing some of my poetry down. I've held on to it for years. I had very alcoholic parents and it's where I dealt with that. I didn't have a lot of support. I don't think I would have come out sane without my pen.

Well, thanks for your blog!

Vanessa