Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Milestone!

Well friends, I have reached another milestone in my life-turning 40! It is not all that bad. Actually I am kind glad to reach this point in my life.

I have reached some goals in this past year that fill me with accomplishment.

First-My weight loss goals. As some of my readers know, I set out to lose 50 pounds before my 40th birthday comes around. Well, goal accomplished! My current weight is 135. I started at 185. I have more energy and confidence and I look good! One of my friends is getting married at the end of September so I will look even better in my bridesmaid 's dress. I have changed my eating habits drastically! I lay off sweets and other problem foods. However I do indulge every now and again. I will however NOT give up beer!!!!!

Second-My book. As you know I spent several days revising and republishing my poetry book. I should start seeing it on on-line bookstores in September. There is still the matter of gathering the funds to market and promote the book. If anyone has and suggestions please let me know. Since I am now working, I am hoping to do some marketing. I first have to get caught up on my bills though! What a drag!!!

I do however have some goals in the near future. I want to lose the remaining 15 pounds by the end of the year! I know I can accomplish this. I also want to try and quit smoking. I can't lose weight and quit smoking all at once. I will drive myself and my roommates crazy in the process.

I am currently working on a second book of poetry. I hope to have this one finished sometime in 2009. I would like to take some writing classes (after I catch up on bills) and do some marketing on the existing book.

I will have to go to work and make money. I plan to treat myself to a nice dinner with some friends. One of my roommates is going to bake a cake. Yum Yum! It is my birthday after all so I can indulge a little bit!

PS-Matt, you can erase the fantasy of me moving back to Mass. It isin't going to happen!

10 comments:

Matt said...

Hey Babe -

Congrats on your successes! You must look like Twiggy (remember her?)! Have you tried the prescription pill to stop smoking? Supposedly, it works really well. Save your lungs and try it!

You know I'm only bustin' your balls about moving back to Boston, right? When's the last time you were here?

Next month, I'll be checking the Borders in Downtown Crossings for your book! But I really want an autographed copy.....

Happy 40th - mine was last year. I'll be 41 next Monday, the 25th. So sad.... What's your address - I'll send you a male stripper (HA HA HA HA)! Or I could give you my address and you could send me one...

Love ya (and Happy Birthday!!!!)

Matt

JLee said...

What day was your birthday? Happy birthday and congratulations! That is wonderful to reach your goals :)
Keep us posted...

Marie said...

J Lee-It was the day of the post! Pretty ironic!

I have done the things I set out to do before I reached this milestone. Thanks!

Matt-If you buy a copy, you can send it to me and I will autograph it for you-for a small fee (JK).

Matt said...

Hey Babe -

My birthday is today (41 - uggggg!!!). I waited all night for my male stripper - did you give him the right address?

An autographed book would make a nice present (hint hint)....

Rain said...

Happy Belated Birthday Marie!

It is great to see you posting once again, I have missed you.

Take care of you ((hugs))

Matt said...

Hey Babe,

What's the deal? When are you gonna update this blog??? It's been about a week since anyone's heard from you! What's going on?

Matt

Matt said...

Hey Babe -

Here's a special holiday limerick:

Marie is my favorite, I say
And I'm her favorite gay.
From her favorite queer,
I send her this cheer:
Have a wonderful Labor Day!!!

Am I your favorite gay? Do you know any others?

Anyway, enjoy the day off!

Love ya,

Matt

Dr. Deb said...

Happy (belated) Birthday

Marie said...

Matt-Thank for the limerick. I do have several gay friends.

Dr Deb-Thanks much! It was a great day!

Rain-It feels good to be back

To All-I am currently working on a new post. It will be up soon.

heiresschild said...

hi Marie, BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!i knew you had an august birthday also. mine was the 24th. one of my friends took me out to dinner.

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, and i know you'll have no problems losing the last few. i remember when you first got started on your weight-loss program, and that is such a great accomplishment. glad to see you back blogging.