Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sound Off

Well, I am back people with a vengance. I am about to sound off on a few things.

I recently saw the film United 93 and I have to finally say that these Muslim extremists are a bunch of souless cowards who kill in the name of "Allah". I like to call them the "Devil's Cowards" and I think they should all burn in hell. The only posotive thing I have to say about the events of 9/11 is that it woke up our country to thinking we are invincible because that day proved to us that we are not and things had to change.

On Wednesday I saw The DiVinci Code and I do not understand the hype around this film. It is a work of fiction nothing more nothing less. I have a message for the pezzavante of the facist Catholic Church, let people think for themselves.
Are we trying to cover something up? Given the scandles of the last decade I am not surprised.

The immagration debate. As we have seen in the news, law enforcement has begun the crackdown on illegal aliens here in Las Vegas. I am glad these people are being deported or thrown in jail because of improper documentation.
Anyone who has read my blog in the past knows I don't think much of our president, but he does agree that these people who live and work in this country must speak our language. On the day without immagrants, I was deeply vexed by statements from the illegals that they should have certain rights that ONLY citizens of this country should have. My message to you is this, if you want the rights and freedoms of US citizens then take the time and become one. I do agree to some degree that the illegal immagrants make up a large portion of our workforce (especially in Vegas where most of the valley speaks Spanish) and without them our economy would be crippled. If you want to stay in our country please learn to speak our language and apply for citizenship.


Well, now that I have pissed off the masses (oh so what) I am entitled to my opinion. I will be glad to hear the responses from all of you there in Blogland. Well, that's all folks.

1 comment:

mizeeyore said...

hey Marie, glad to see you back fulla piss'n'vinegar girl!

as a former (Black)Muslim i have to agree that the extremists are cowards who act in Allah's name.
sure it says in our Holy Book that if someone makes war against us that we are to defend our religion even to the death, but overall
the religion of Islam is one of peace, and these people have taken it too damn far. as you said about 9/11 it did wake up this country and showed the world that it isnt as indestructable as it claims to be.

i personally cannot stand George W Bumblefuck; however, i do agree that those people who are here illegally (be they Hispanic, or of other nationality) should go ahead and do the right thing and become naturalized citizens.

now please dont get mad at me for saying this, and i am not at all pissed off okay? i must point out this though; my forebears were brought here against their will and sold into chattel slavery, to be cheap labor on plantations, beaten, lynched and killed for being who they were, i look at this whole immigration thing in a different light...it was thru the blood, sweat and tears of my forebears that helped to make this country, and yet we were treated like second-class citizens. our life, our families, our history, our language and culture were beaten out of us and we were forced to learn the language, forced to work in the cotton fields and plantations, denied basic human rights, and also worked for little or nothing and treated like shit, it kinda rattles my cage a bit.

it wasnt until the 50s and 60s that the right to vote was given to African-Americans because a courageous Black woman from rural Mississippi fought hard and long to get us that right, and her name was Fannie Lou Hamer. it was the courageous act of another Black woman, Rosa Parks, whose refusal to sit in the back of the bus, kicked off the Civil Rights Movement. without these bold and overt acts of non-violent demonstration, my people would never gotten the right to vote, and would still be sitting at the back of buses.

as we speak right now, Bumblefuck and his cronies are trying to take away our voting rights by not renewing the original bill that was passed back in the 60s.

the original dwellers of this country, the Native Americans, were kicked off their land and dumped on reservations; yet it was these same people who taught the Pilgrims who came here how to hunt for food, how to build homes, and how to survive in this country, and for that, they were stripped of their language, culture and livelihoods, became alcoholics and now live on reservations that are slowly fading away.

i didnt mean to get on a soapbox, nor am i a bleeding heart liberal; if anything, i am a HUMANIST.

i hope what i have said here did not offend or piss you off, because i value you as a friend, and i hope this doesnt alter our friendship. if you'd like to call me, here's my #: (773) 874-3584.

take care hon
peace, blessings, strength, and love

genelle (miz e)