Monday, October 23, 2006

IN THE NEWS



Tomorrow I embark to Salt Lake City to see Evanescence for the first time! I bought their new album and it ROCKS! I have been looking forward to this trip for a couple of months now. It will be my chance to relax and unwind. I have been under a lot of stress with finding a job and dealing with my Dad. These things have spun a web of depression. I hope this trip will help me get out of it. At the last minute the venue was changed from In The Venue to The Great Saltair. I read on the bands My Space that the venue change was due to fan demand for tickets. That tells me that they really care about their fans; that is TRULY cool! Lynette and I had a hell of a time finding directions to this venue but we did it! Below is a couple of pictures of the venue. I will post a blog about the trip complete with pictures when I get back on Friday









In other news...My aunt is in the hospital in Sioux Falls South Dakota. I guess she has been ill for some time. So, my dad left early this morning to SD to be with her. I hope his being there will help her recover faster! It is always nice to have family around when you are ill. There presence seems to soothe the soul! I wish her a speedy recovery!

8 comments:

Mystical Me said...

MAN you are sooo lucky!! I want to see them tooo.......!! Please let me know how it goes. I m sorry about your family & I hope she gets well soon.
Have a good peaceful trip & have lots of fun. ;)
Take care sweetheart!! Love, MM XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey I am sorry about your Aunt. SaltAir is really easy to find. I can give you precise directions to get there. Just leave a half hour prior for driving from Salt Lake..it is on the way to Wendover (gambling Nevada state line :) ) on I-80. Trust me you CANT miss it! I have been to the Simple Minds concert there a long time ago, I think they have refurbished the building since then and made it a nice place to be again. I remember going there as a child and floating in the Great Salt Lake with my Grandma. It was thought of as a fountain of youth back then. Now it just reeks of smelly brine shrimp and has a nudist colony in the thicket. Don't ask me how I know this...lets just say my boyfriend and I got stuck in the mud with our car ditching 10th grade a LONG time ago and these two people who were naked showed up to help. It was the most ackward experience. I think my boyfriend even managed to ask how the weather was LOL. OK I will shut up now hehe

See you soon!
-Molly xx

Marie said...

MM-Thanks for the well wishes! I will update everybody when I return. I will need plently of film that's for sue. Take care hun! XOXO

Molly-Yes, I don't want to know how you know these things. A nudist colony Hmm...Interesting. Lynette and I did some research and yes it burned down in 1925 and rebuilt. The smelly shrimp...interesting once again. I look forward to seeing you when I am there.

JLee said...

Have a fun time! That SaltAir looks fantastic. Try and take your mind off things for a while. Watch out for them nudies! lol

Wishing your aunt a speedy recovery :)

Marie said...

Jen-Thanks a bunch! I am kind of hoping I will see the nudists HeHe!

Anonymous said...

Still have not heard back from you. Left a few messages on your cell! Hope your trip was fun and you made it back ok!

sansanity said...

i am sooo jalous as that group has become my latest obsession.

hey, my personal blog is at
backwhereistarted.blogspot.com
i moved there after i thought my coqworkers were reading my blog.

Marie said...

Molly-I am SOOO sorry we missed each other. I failed to realize that there was more than one La Quinta Inn in SLC. We will talk later. I want to plan another trip to SLC to see you. Possibly a weekend trip. Let me know what you think.

Sans-Great to hear from you again. They are my latest obsession as well. We were all dressed in the spirit of the band. As soon as my pictures come back I will be posting a blog about the show. I will link your new blog to mine if that is OK with you. Talk to you soon!