Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Apple Martinis, Beer and Toilet Bowls


Just wanted to thank all of my friends for the heartfelt birthday wishes. Here is how the day went. My roomate treated me to a nice birthday brunch (she also made me a chocolate chip cake) and a little shopping. After we got home, my mom called to wish me a happy birthday. After that I took a little nap until it was time for me to get ready to go out. I took a long hot bubble bath, dressed, curled my hair and put on makeup my friend Chris called. He told me that some people who have cut me out of their lives were going to be at the same place we were going. I was immediately concerned that trouble would erupt but I decided that the problem was theirs NOT mine.



We got to the bar about 9:30 and I immediately sucked down my first of MANY Budweiser's.







After two beers I was making idle chit chat with others at the bar and did some dancing. One of the ladies I was talking to said that the bartender (a little hottie) made a mean green apple martini. She asked the bartender to make me one (I didn't have to pay for it). It was delicious!








I had a couple more of these delicious babies. BIG MISTAKE!!! I should have known better that you don't mix hard liquor and beer especially if you did not eat before you left the house. Boy what an idiot I am! I look back and I am thinking fuck it, this day comes once a year and I am entitled to tie one on.






After I had another couple of beers, I heard the faint echo of the toilet bowl calling "Marie come to me".

So friends this is where I spent the end of the evening. After the first date with Mr. Toilet Bowl I went back to the bar and talked with my friends for about half an hour until my second date with Mr. Bowl. My friend took my keys until after I was finished my date. After the second date I had some diet soda and lots of water. Since I did not eat before I drank, I was staggering my way to my date with Mr. Bowl.

Two lessons here: one-do not mix beer and hard liquor and two-always eat before a night of heavy drinking. I know these lessons and I always practice them but Saturday I threw caution to the wind. I was fortunate enough to have people there who did not let me drink and drive until I sobered up! I got home about 3am and slept my hangover off for 12 hours.

All in all it was a good day. I am blessed to have good friends who care!

8 comments:

sbwrites said...

A fairly unusual way to celebrate your birthday but...being with good friends makes it all worthwhile! Happy 39! Having celebrated many more birthdays than you have...it just gets better and better!

Susan

Tery Lynne said...

Every one needs a date with their Toilet Bowl on their birthday.

Glad that you had a good time :)

tiara said...

Ah, the joys of mixing!! I couldn't tell you the number of times I have been dating mr Toilet Bowl, or just any bowl, or someone's lawn, whatever. Which is why I don't drink anymore. I'm glad all in all it was a good day for you! Happy 39th!

Rain said...

Fortunately I have never had a date with Mr. Toilet Bowl on my birthday.

I am glad you got home safe and sound :)

((hugs))

Symbiosis said...

Belated happy Birthday dear...wats a birthday without some crazy and wild things...yep after 25 date with the toilet bowl is considered crazy and wild...lol...hope you have a wonderful fun filled year ahead!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Belated happy birthday. I wish you all the best things in life for your birthday. I'm sorry that I was out of circulation for sometime. Something terrible happened to us. Anyway, let that not bother you as you enjoy your new found bearings and fulfillments in life. May you begin your new life full of hope and dreams for a better tomorrow. May the Lord fill your life with all the joys of new found discoveries and fulfillments. May you enjoy your life to the fullest. Happy birthday sweet friend. May you have many and wonderful birthdays to come. God bless you with all the wonderful things in life.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
This is Princess Heidi. Happy Birthday to you. Wish you had a wonderful birthday celebration. I wish you will have many and meaningful birthdays to come. So sorry that my dad has not figure it yet to separate my blog from his personal profile and I wish he could use my cute picture instead of his chubby one. God bless you Marie.

Princess Heidi #####*****""""@@@@

Nicole said...

Mr. Toilet Bowl, that two-timing bastard!

Glad you had a good birthday anyway!

:*
Princess