Monday, August 06, 2007

Slowly Coming Out Of 'Da Funk'

As many of my readers know, I have been in a funk (aka depression mixed with mania) since the middle of May. I have wrote about the events that triggered this episode and things I have been attempting to get myself out of it. As you know, medication I have taken in the past has not really been 100% effective. Since I have no medical insurance, I cannot resume my search for a good pdoc and effective medication. I would like to thank ALL of my readers (current and new) for your prayers, support and words of encouragement.

Now onto the good stuff. Since my move last month, my roomate has noticed some changes in my attitude and behavior. She made the observation that I smile more than I used to. I guess that has something to do with the fact that I no longer live with my parents. I really did not notice it. I have noticed however that I have been eating better and sleeping more. I don't know how good that is but no one said getting over a mixed episode is an easy endeavor. I do have a new temp position. It is at a home health care/hospice facility in the medical records department. They seem to be happy with the work I am doing (at least the agency hasn't called me telling me otherwise).

There has been a little bit of drama going on (most of you know what I am talking about). Since I have made the decision to rid my life of drama, I take no stock in it and pay it no mind. I am trying to move forward with my life and my plans to publish my poetry book.

Rain did a nice post on what she is grateful for. Here is my list as short as it is.

1. My creativity. One of the things us who are bi polar have an abundance of and when it is hindered and censored in ANY way we get pissed!

2. Great support network. I am thankful that I have found Tery, Susan, Kira and Rain. They are a great source of support and encouragement to me.

3. Increased blog traffic. I am thankful for the new readers I have procured (you know who you are). I am thankful also for my faithful ones as well.

4. A new place to live. No more living with my parents.

Well friends, I have rambled on long enough. I wish everybody a pleasant evening!

6 comments:

Tery Lynne said...

Glad that you are feeling better :) Keep smiling...

Rain said...

Hi Marie!

Welcome back into the light :) See change really is a good thing!

Take care of you.

(((hugs)))

Polar Bear said...

Glad to hear you are coming back up. I'm also glad to hear you have some support around you.

Polar B.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Nice to know you are doing well. Sorry again for my post. Do visit my blog again to read my public apology.

Thanks again and I'm happy that you seem to be moving on. Keep it up.

God bless.

sbwrites said...

Marie,
So glad to hear that you're feeling better. I, too, feel that a support network makes all the difference! Glad to hear that you're smiling! As I'm writing this, I'm listening to an old song, "Put on a Happy Face." It's making me smile!

Susan

tiara said...

It definitely sounds like you are doing better. Maybe a change of scenery is doing you some good. Hopefully you will be able to get some insurance soon to resume your treatment.

How's things going with that other drama?

Take care!