Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Weight Loss Journal Part 4

I usually wait until Friday to post but I feel compelled to share right now! Today was a so so day. I started off with 1 egg and a piece of whole grain toast with a full glass of water. For dinner I had a little bit of pasta with a salad of grapes, oranges, red onions and iceberg lettuce and a full glass of water. Not bad eh?

I was getting ready to teach this evening and I was bitterly disappointed with my choice of outfits. It made me look and feel frumpy. My pants and shirt were floating on me. I really felt bad and a little depressed about the whole thing but I could not go teach my class with this kind of mindset. So I had to TRY and get over it!

When I came home, I ate and checked my messages. I had to make myself feel better. I really did not feel like a workout. This was one of thoes days where I just wanted to throw in the towel and say the hell with it! I knew in the back of my mind though that if didn't walk or workout I kne I would regret it. So I just did my workout.

The one thing I am beginning to find out about exercise-it makes me feel better all around. It keeps me from going into a depressive funk which I have been known to do every now and again. I remain positive and hopeful that my future is just around the corner.
I have given so much of my life away to depression, anxiety and fear. I am trying to build a life from nothing. It seems however that it is slowly coming together.

7 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Exercise does help us feel better. The endorphines do a lot of good. However, getting to exercise and making it part of a daily routine is so difficult. Keep up the great work and be PROUD of yourself!

:)
Deb

Marie said...

Dr. Deb thanks I am so proud of the progress I have made so far.

heiresschild said...

hi marie, it was good to hear from you on my blog today. it has been a while. i remember the last time i was here your schedule was getting ready to become busier than what you were used to. you sound like you're doing good with your teaching and weight loss program. that is a great accomplishment. i usually do my exercises at nite (not real regular though), but i had thought about doing them during the day. it's just more convenient after i'm in for the evening and can relax and take my time. i do understand the frustrations, but we push right on thru and we will see the rewards of our hard labor eventually. have a blessed day!

JLee said...

Might be a PMS funk. I always hate my hair and/or clothes during that time! Your new pic looks fantastic!! You really are transforming :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Just be patient with your dieting and with your exercise routines. As they say, "no pain, no gain." As you say, your workout has enabled you to focus more on healthy thoughts rather than on depressive thoughts. We are all supporting you on this. Smile always. God bless and have a pleasant and wonderful day.

Marie said...

HC-It's nice to hear from you too! I usually excercise at night but since tax season doesn't start until Jan I also have time during the day as well. My other class has ended so I am only teaching 3 days instead of six.

JLee-I think it is time to redo the wardrobe a little bit! Yes I am feeling and looking better these days!

Mel-Good to hear from you as always

Bleeding Heart said...

That is great! Keep going. I, too have to do something. I have been eating like it is my last meal every time :)

I guess my emotions are just crazy right now.

Exercise is fun at times. I used to dance in my living room for hours. I lost so much weight from dancing.

Keep up the good work!