Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weight loss Journal Part 6

I just have one thing to say-I am so glad Thanksgiving is over! On turkey day I ate whatever I wanted ,filled myself with lots of alcohol and I even got propositioned! How cool is that?

On Saturday my friend left for California and she took my out to brunch. I did make some very healthy food choices! I started off with lots of veggies and fish! The second time however, I got some eggs and hash browns Yum Yum! I figured to myself it is a holiday weekend and I need to indulge myself just a little bit! On Saturday night I had holiday leftovers but I limited myself to very small portions!

I went out Saturday evening and while I tried on a couple of outfits they did not work! I kept looking at myself in the mirror and did not like what I saw! So here I am on Sunday afternoon getting myself back on track! I am going to do an intense workout today so all the stuff I ate (healthy or not) won't catch up with me! I guess I am always going to be haunted by this body image thing! CRAP!!!!!!

I did stick to the no sweets resolution because I did drink a lot of alcohol on turkey day! So the weekend was not a total bust! I hope everybody had a wonderful turkey day!

I am not really looking forward to the next holiday coming up! People can get really weird during the holiday season. With the support of my "inner circle" I think I will be okay!

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I do really well with the "new day new attitude" philosophy. It is always hard at holidays and celebrations for me. I have zero willpower. But I feel renewed today, and will get back on the healthy eating horse again. Thanks for your inspiration.

heiresschild said...

well, i did really well this holiday. i went to a thanksgiving luncheon on monday and i ate small portions and a piece of sweet potato pie. that pie had me bouncing off the walls. sugar, i guess.

i cooked on thanksgiving, but i only bought fruit to eat, so i had regular portions and no junk. i had lost 2 lbs when i went to the dr a couple of weeks ago. i hope when i go back in january, i will have a lost a total of 7-10 lbs. glad you're back on track too. it is hard during this season.

KimPossible said...

I am back on my way too. I actually did okay on Thanksgiving. I have just been lazy with my workouts. Which is NON optional. I have about 70 more lbs to lose before I am at my ideal weight. I have a long ways to go. But, I have lost 30 so far. I am a vegetarian now, so its been interesting. Soy Milk and all organic foods. Eating healthy is VERY expensive. But worth it!

Keep up the good work. You have inspired me to get my butt out of this chair and go work out!

KEEP IN TOUCH!

JLee said...

Good job, Marie. You deserve to splurge a little on the holidays! Just keep the big picture in mind and don't sweat a day or two :)