Saturday, December 08, 2007

Weight Loss Journal Part 8

Well it has been a pretty stressful week! I have been stressing out about my current financial situation. Being broke around the holidays really sucks ass! I have however have taken steps to fix some of these problems so they don't haunt or stress me out! The victory here is that I did not revert to old eating patterns which has haunted me for years!


Some good news about the book! I have sold my first copy! How cool is that? I am still a little frustrated that I don't have the financial means to promote this book like I want to! I guess I have to be happy with word of mouth for now! For thoes of you have taken an interest in my work (you know who you are) I would like to thank you!

This week I attended a convention for work! They had an Italian buffet with all kinds of delicious food and deserts! Can we see the temptation here? So here is what I ate:

Garden Salad with a small portion of Italian dressing
Carrots and Broccoli
Peppers and Onions
2 Small meatballs
1 piece of chicken breast
1 small roll with a pat of butter


Not bad if I do say so myself! They also had cheesecake (major weakness for me) canoli and ice cream! I am glad to report that I did not touch any of the deserts or ice cream! I did not have much time this week for exercise. I think I managed to get a long walk in this week. I usually do a 30 to 40 minute workout several times a week. Unfortunately I only got in a workout twice this week! December is a very busy month as far as preparations for the upcoming tax season are concerned. I have been teaching 6 days a week and attending a lot of meetings which bore the hell out of me!


I am determined however to see this goal through! I see myself as a thinner person and I like what I see! The slower this excess baggage comes off the chances are better that I will keep it off for the long term!! I am also remain very positive and hopeful for the future whatever that may be!

6 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Marie,
That's great to hear! Temptations certainly abound, especially when you are faced with a buffet!! I always pig out at those conference meals. I must say from your list that you were very restrained!

And congratulations on your selling your first book! Excellent stuff!

JLee said...

Make that 2 copies... :)

Bleeding Heart said...

You don't need money to market a book...email me for more details.

Rain said...

It is really good to know that you are keeping your goals!

Marie you could do book signings at your local library, bookstores, grand openings, or in front of Sprint stores. I see it all the time, just contact the mangement for details. Also look into local festivals such as art and craft fairs.

However the best way to promote your book is on your own blog. Try publishing a chapter or two to get people interested.

XOXO

heiresschild said...

hi Marie, you do have good restraint; i would have pigged out. LOL

love the book! you captured and expressed your feelings and experiences so well. it will minister to many people. i'm going to order another one as a gift for a friend of mine who's been thru the same things. Rain made some good suggestions for marketing your book.

Marie said...

I want to thank everybody for their friendship and support! It means so much to me during this time of the year!

Please check out the new blog when you get a chance!