Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Steps

It has been an interesting two weeks. I attended my first poetry reading last week. I was so nervous when I got up to the mic to read my first poem. By the end of the night I was able to relax a little bit. The atmosphere was so laid back and casual I felt welcomed. I finally found something in life that I actually love doing. It has been a long time since I have been able to say that. Maybe this will help me alleviate some of these negative feelings I have been having lately.

Another thing that I have enjoyed doing lately is going to the community center for swimming lessons. It has been a long time since I have been in the water. I guess in some way I have been afraid of the water. The instructor has a good sense of humor and is very patient. I still need to work on my lack of coordination. I was absent the day coordination was passed out. I am someone who bumps into walls and stuff. How weird.

It seems that I will have to take my Breaking The Silence blog private as well. I have received several nasty comments on there as well. They are from the same hater as used to post on this one. Some of you know to whom I refer. It makes me sad that so many people revert to cruelty to alleviate ones own insecurities. If nothing else I feel sorry for this person.


Now onto my living situation, the best way I can deal with this is to do my best not to let this get under my skin so much.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Rain-glad to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

Miss Defective said...

I'm glad you enjoyed doing the poetry reading. Hope you'll be doing more of them in the future.

Dr. Deb said...

Wow, how exciting to do that!

JLee said...

I'm sorry someone feels the need to try and harass you. They obviously have no life! ha I think the poetry reading sounds wonderful...