Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Am Back...With a Vengance....Part One

I have decided once again to pick up pen and paper.  So much crazy (and not so crazy) shit has been happening.  I know it has been a while since I had the desire to pick up a pen a paper and start writing again.


Some things are happening in my life that made this decision a easy one.  This is the one place where I can come and share my thoughts, feelings and emotions.  If no one likes it...oh well turn the page!  Now, let's get on with it.


Career Changes:  As most of my readers know,  I have struggled with the job issue.  Back in 2011, I attended Pima Medical Institute to study Veterinary Assisting.  Unfortunately, through a little soul searching and a few disappointments, I had to stop living in denial, and face the fact that this was not going to work out which is unfortunate, because I love animals!    However, I studied for and passed the Enrolled Agent exam in 2013.  I have been enrolled to practice before the IRS since December of 2013.  My friends and colleagues told me...well it's about time!  While I was studying for the exam I was working as a tax accountant.  The company went out of business so back to square one. There is more to this story which I cannot publically disclose right now.  Future blog post!  I have now been gainfully employed at a local CPA firm since January of this year.  Made it through the madness which is tax season in one piece...I think!


I know I wanted at some point to give up my career in accounting to pursue my creative endeavors.  However I need to put this back into perspective.  I know and believe that I am a talented and passionate writer.  Just look at the poetry and essays I have written over the years.  However, I need to make a living and support myself.  I like my job, helping clients and my fellow co-workers...another future blog post there too. 


To balance out my work life poetry and writing  are going to be my hobby of choice.


I will continue this post with other things such as progress in recovery, relationship status etc. later.


Just wanted to let everybody know this kid is back in the saddle!

No comments: