Thursday, April 23, 2015

Reflections

I recently had a conversation with a fellow co-worker.  It was about a work related issue and in the course of this conversation I was asked the question do I judge people based on this thing or that thing ( still wondering  why I was asked this question). 


My response was simple:  I form my opinions based on how people behave.


In the last several years I have been on the receiving end of some utterly atrocious and despicable  behavior from people.  Some of them I care about and some I can do without.  I am in a stage of life where I need to be around people who have good positive  Karma. 


I have had time to sit and ponder this. Here are my thoughts on this one.


We tend to form our opinions and judgments of people and situations without knowing all the facts ( I have been guilty of this too).  What makes people behave a certain way is based on upbringing, life experiences etc.  I think we  need to be more compassionate and not to be quick to judge. Try walking one day in someone else's shoes and see how you do.


So the point I am trying to make here is this:  Don't judge a book by it's cover.

No comments: