Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fiasco in 2008!

As you all know, we have an election coming up in a few weeks. This year's election is something I never really addressed until now!

I recieved an e-mail from a writer for whom I have the greatest admiration for. The e-mail was a plea for funds to stop and raise awareness against homophobia.

One of my MySpace friends invited me to join his group Fire the US Government. I would like to share with you all the first post I wrote for this group.

I first want to thank JP for inviting me to join this group! I will tell you all as I told JP how I feel about this upcoming election.

I will NOT vote for Obama because he will gradually over time raise taxes and increase spending to an all time new high!

I will NOT vote for John McCain because those right winged conservatives in Washington will do EVERYTHING in their power to overturn Roe v Wade. If us in the artist community can band together maybe we can accomplish something.

It is my opinion that NO government entity OR "Religious" organization has NO right whatsoever to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body PERIOD!!!!! I am however FOR gay marriages. I think Don Henley said it best; "If you find someone to love in this world you better hang on tooth and nail because the wolf is always at the door." If two people if it be man/woman, woman/woman or man/man find love it is NEVER wrong. Love is hard to find in this world so if you are fortunate enough to find it; it is a beautiful gift!

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

I totally agree. I am so scared lately.