Monday, September 29, 2008

It Is Finished!!

A few posts ago, I was working on a new poem for the book titled To Get To You. Well friends here is the finished product. It is very positive and uplifting. It reflects the way I have been feeling lately.


To Get To You


I am changing to get to you,
I know now it is something I have to do.
Changing to make myself whole,
No longer do I want to live in a fish bowl.
Changing to make you proud of me,
I want to be the person I know I can be.
Each day I climb out of the abyss,
There will be days however that I will miss.

A starving soul who has lost her way,
I believed all the lies what can I say.
In the darkness I have lived for many years,
I ruled my life by childish fears.

I am changing inside and out,
There are times I do live in fear and doubt.
I feel good enough to be the one you need,
So take me by the hand, I will let you lead.
I see you and want to be with you,
I want you so bad I don’t know what to do.
I hope one day our paths will cross
For now I am at a loss; you don’t even know I exist,
You are only a dream in the mist.

Every day my heart and soul grow better and stronger, I am weak no longer.
There will be days I can’t get out of my way,
I’m not perfect hey what can I say.
It is time for YOU and the rest of the world to see me,
In isolation again I will no longer be.

I smile, laugh and love to have fun,
No more do I live life on the run.
My soul is full and burning with passion,
I do not indulge tradition or any other fashion.
To the world I give my gift of the written word,
They will set free the caged bird.
No longer do I ask where do I belong,
For many years I sang that old tired song.

I do sometimes struggle with addictive behaviors,
For the longest time they have been my only saviors.
With faith and confidence in myself I will overcome
I have changed to no longer become undone.

I have changed so I can love you, me and others,
No longer will I run and hide under the covers.
With all my faults, insecurities and mistakes of the past, there is one thing I ask,
Can you see past them and be the love that will last.

With each change I make, I will no longer repeat the same mistake. With each breath I take, each step I make they lead me one step closer to you.


I also finished another poem titled After We Love. I also wrote something last night I would either like to put in poetry format, or I was toying around with the idea of possible lyrics. I will do both and see what works better. I hope you all can take something away from this poem.

6 comments:

nippercatshome said...

What a great poem. I just wish I could get to that part in my life, I am still struggling with the past, and at times it often comsumes me. Thanks for a great Poem..take care..Mary

Marie said...

Mary-I am confident you will get there eventually!

Bleeding Heart said...

What a wonderful poem. You are such an amazing writer and poet. You should be proud!

It is great therapy as well. Good for you.

JLee said...

Nice work, Marie. I like the positive tone of it!

Marie said...

Dream-Thanks! With each poem or story I write my confidence grows. I am so proud to call myself an artist.

JLee-Thanks. Slowly "come in out of the darkness" There is more to come.

heiresschild said...

beautiful poem Marie. love the words.