Thursday, October 02, 2008

Casualty Of A Bad Economy!

Well friends, I am unemployed once again! I'm not going to trip on this latest unfortunate event! The company I was assigned to had to lay off at least 25% of their work force. Yikes! The temps were the first to go. Isin't that how it always is though? Some of the permanent employees were let go as well. Now that really bites!

My supervisor was let go and one of my writer friends! I saw the tears in her eyes and I just gave her a big hug and offered her words on encouragement, gave her my phone number and asked her to call me sometime.

All in all this was a good experience for me. I am disappointed however that this did not go where I hoped it would go. I connected with several good people there whom I hope will stay in touch.

I contacted the agency immediately after I was told. The staffing manager said that everybody is being affected by this trying economy as well. They are not getting in the assignments in. I NEED to stay positive and hope for the best.

What to do now! Maybe this is a sign that I should be focusing on getting my book into circulation. I am also going to refile my unemployment claim. Unfortunately it is not enough to meet ALL of my monthly expenses but it is something.

I hope everybody has a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

JLee said...

I'm sorry Marie, but hopefully it will lead to some good opportunities.

nippercatshome said...

Hi Marie, I am so sorry that you lost your job, hopefully something else will come up very soon.

I submitted my poem. thanks for telling me..take care..Mary

Marie said...

JLee-Thanks I am hopeful that something better comes along. Will focus on my writing for now!

Mary-I am so glad you submitted your poem. I left you a message on HTC. I will focus on my writing and promoting the book until something else comes up!

Bleeding Heart said...

I am so sorry about your job especially during times like these.

Hang in there, things have a way of working out :)

Marie said...

DW-Thanks!

heiresschild said...

hi Marie, i'm sorry you got laid off, and hopefully you'll find something else real soon. butterflies are so free, flitting about with their beautiful colors. like birds, they always have something to eat and a place to sleep and people are always admiring their beauty. take care and be encouraged!