Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Hard Decision To Make

Well I got some devastating news on Sunday. I took my cat Duke to the vet and the initial diagnosis is that he has liver failure. When the doctor told me I just burst into tears!!!! Since I am financially strapped right now I have a very hard decision to make. Do I just let nature take its course or do I have him put down? I am in no position emotionally to make this decision right now. My roommate suggested I sleep on it. Even now as I am typing this tears are rolling down my face.

5 comments:

Rain said...

Oh Marie, I am so sorry. I can not give you any advice however I can send you (((hugs)))

Marie said...

Rain-Thanks so much! I have been trying to get in touch with the humane society to see what my options are! I will keep everybody posted.

JLee said...

Marie, I am so sorry!! :(
I think the humane thing is to let him drift off to sleep peacefully.
Let me know if I can help you out. I'm serious.

Bleeding Heart said...

Marie - I went through the samething with my 15 year old cat. I also worked at my Local Humane Society.

The Humane thing to do at this point is put the cat down. If this cat is in any form of pain - she needs to "rest in peace."

My cat would sit in the corner and not move. She would do nothing, not even eat sometimes - I put her down and although it was sooooo hard for me to do - I just couldn't see her living like that.

But that is just me :)

Marie said...

I have an update on this. I will be posting it in a few minutes.