Saturday, September 27, 2008

Promo For Book/HTC Survivor's Confrence

Well friends I have been a busy little bee! This week I have designed a promo flyer and submitted 2 of the poems from it to the Healing Through Creativity Survivor's Confrence this October. Here is what the flyer looks like.





Title: Breaking The Silence… A Survivor’s Story
Author: Marie Coppla
Publisher: LuLu.com
Publish Date: September 1, 2008
ISBN: 978-1-4357-2125-8
Pages: 50

Synopsis: This is a collection of poems and essays documenting my survival from incest and the beginning of my healing. These poems and essays express my deepest feelings of anger, rage and sadness. They also offer hope and reaffirm that we are never alone.

Order Information: lulu.com/content/370465

Author Contact Information

Cell Phone: 702-588-3728
E-Mail: breakingthesilence2@yahoo.com


Onto other news. I read and post to a website titled Healing Through Creativity. Every year they have a 9 day conference where survivors from all over the world come and share there stories and their art. This year the conference is in West Virginia from October 10-19. Unfortunately, due to my financial situation I will be unable to attend but I done the next best thing. I have submitted two of my poems from the book; With You and No Longer Your Victim to be displayed at the conference. This is my way to show my support for this cause and to get my story out there. If these poems can offer hope and inspire others then I have succeeded! An important part of healing is a good support network!

The reason: to put this part of my life behind me and look forward to the future! If anyone who has visited my Breaking The Silence blog you will see a very profound quotation: "We were a silent hidden thought in the folds of oblivion, and we have become a voice that causes the heavens to tremble. "
Kahlil Gibran


6 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

Good for you! I am so happy for you. It is so exciting isn't it? You have to give me the link to that website Healing through Creativity. I have to check it out.

By the way, I like your music choices..Motley Crue! Now that brings back some memories. :)

Marie said...

Here is the link: www.healingthroughcreativity.org

If that does not work you can go onto Breaking The Silence Blog it is there as well! Just click on the Healing Through Creativity link it will take you right to the site!

Yes I do think I have very eclectic tastes in music! It does bring back the old days. And that's what they are OLD!!!

Dr. Deb said...

Fantastic!

And I love the song that is playing!

Marie said...

Dr. Deb-I am so happy that the world will be abel to see my work!

I do love EVERY song on my playlist! Thanks for dropping in!

JLee said...

That conference sounds wonderful. It's a shame you can't attend.

Marie said...

J Lee-yes I am upset about it! It it just exciting that poeple from all over the world will be abel to read my poetry.

I would like to see the other works that are going to be presented. There are going to be painters, writers and musicians there as well.

Creativity all around! I am so glad and proud to call myself an artis!