Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another Poem

This is the second poem I wrote for my therapist Carol it is titled With You. It talks about the lessons I learned in therapy. After I wrote it I was filled with a sense of release and hope. It also talks about hope in healing. I hope whomever reads this does get a sense of hope. Whatever we have been through, abuse, mental affliction or just feeling crappy please remember that there is hope and help out there.

With You


I lived my life the black hole,
As a result, I never achieved my true goal.
I woke up one day and told myself enough of this,
The search began to climb myself out of the abyss.

I needed to find someone I could trust,
That to me is a must.
Now I have found you my lending ear,
You are the first person I have let get near.

Now with you I can talk about and feel the pain,
You gave me hope, now my life will never be the same.
With you, I learned that bad things happen to GOOD people,
So no longer do I need a pew and a steeple.

With you, I learned I had to forgive myself what I did to survive,
You were there when my soul began to thrive.
With you, I learned I don’t have to forgive HIM for the treachery he infiltrated upon me,
When I found that out, I yelled, Yippee!

With you, I learned I have to forgive myself at that’s ALL,
No longer must I feel like I am a foot tall.
With you, I learned that is was NOT my fault,
That was the biggest truth that I was taught
It was one of the answers that I have always sought.

4 comments:

sbwrites said...

Very nicely written. Thanks for sharing!

Susan

Dr. Deb said...

This is such a wonderful poem. Your therapist would be so humbled and honored to read this.

Marie said...

Susan-Thanks so much!

Dr Deb-Thank you so much. She is now retired and I need to find her address so I can send this one to her. Please read the other poem The Voice. It is about her as well.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the generous comments you left at my blog. I sure appreciate your concern for me. Regarding your poem, it was sincerely written by someone who found someone else to relate to. That's good. We all need to relate to someone whom we can trust and who will care for us. It's very important that you touch base with your therapist, she's there to help you. Later, however, you'll find out that she's another crutch that helped us stand at the weaker moments of our lives. There will come a time that we have to move on and discard the crutches we have been so used to.There is only one eternal, immovable and ever dependable support we can hold on to, and He is- Jesus Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith. Heaven and earth will pass away, friends and emotional "crutches" will conme and go but Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.I hope you will put your trust in Him.

I am praying for you, Marie, as I am praying for all sufferers of bipolar disorder. I will pray for your healing and deliverance.

God bless you with the very best of life.