Monday, June 25, 2007

This Has Been On My Mind

"So we make our choices but darlin there was never any choice...we listen to their voices we ignore OUR OWN voice...and when the people who gather around you do you remember that they were the most cruel...and when they ask will you be my sister...brother...sister...brother of the moon she says no baby no."







This quote was taken from a live performance of Sisters Of The Moon by Fleetwood Mac. I found an good interpretation of the lyrics. These interpretations are how I have been feeling about certain things for a very long time. Here are some excerpts from the interpretation.




"She asked me-- Be my sister,"

"Stevie is looking for a real friend. She needs to count on someone."

"The 'cruel people' mentioned are the fans, the public. In some way they love Stevie, but since they ask her for more and more, they are also cruel to her. And she tries never to dissapoint them.

Besides,nobody knows her closely.

None of those fans are actually her friends. She has no one so she has to rely on herself.

Nobody likes her for who she really is. Does anybody know (her name) who she really is?"

"This song is about those nightmares she has to fight with."

I know this song talks about the pitfalls of fame, but some of the interpretations express some of how I have been feeling about things for a very long time (in bold italic type). I only write this as a cleansing tool. It does not reflect my current state of mind which is peaceful as I write. It continously amazes me how her lyrics speak to my soul. Of course the circumstances are diffrent but the emotions and feelings felt are the same.

4 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie.

We have to go through our own struggles in life. Probably that's what life's all about- some sort of a school where we learn our own lessons and where we come out wiser, stronger and more compassionate towards those undergoing similar struggles. But life is not meaningless, it has its own purpose. We just have to sift through all the dross and grime to discover the nugget of gold burried in those struggles. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

You are not alone in your struggles. God is with you, always. God bless.

JLee said...

I can relate to the fact that people may say they're your "friend" but they really are "acquaintances" and are not there for you.

I hope you don't get offended by me saying this, but I noticed your blog title change, and I even though you shouldn't be ashamed of your illness, you also should not label yourself, unless it's "poet extraordinaire" :)

Marie said...

Mel-Your comments and prayers are greatly appreciated.

JLee-I was not in the least offended by your comment. I thought about it and I decided to drop the bi-polar from the title. I am going to make some changes to the blog title. I don't think I am fledgling anymore. I just have to do some brainstorming.

I am also thinking about changing the web address as well strictly for privacy concerns. Just like you did to get rid of you know who.

JLee said...

Good for you. Do what you have to do to get rid of the negativity :)