Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"I Can See Past You To The White Sands"

"It means that I'm really trying to get over something, and though I'm freaked out about it I'm looking to the green ocean and can see past all of these problems to the incredibly beautiful white sand and the ocean beyond it. I'm gonna be OK because I am movin' past you."



The title of the post is from Bombay Sapphires, a song on Stevie Nick's last solo record Trouble in Shangri-La (May 2001).




As most of you know I have been dealing with an most unpleasant situation. It has gone from bad to worse. Certain people have felt it necessary to involve children in the adult war. I find that kind of behavior despicable beyond words! Certain people have also felt it necessary to push my buttons and play childhood games. I will tell this person; I have had enough! It escapes me that adults my age continue to act like petulant children when they have adult responsibilities like holding down jobs and family responsibilites.

What I've done to deal with this is I wrote the involved parties letters expressing my anger, pain and outrage. I have been obssessing over this enough! It is time to cut it lose and move on with my life. These letters will NEVER be sent because I wrote them to heal my soul. I found many years ago in therapy that it is a very useful tool. I can't begin to express my feelings of relief, peace and joy. I feel that a huge burden has been lifted from my soul.



I will use another quote from the song to tell EVERYBODY what is contained in the letters.



It is blue...it is not about YOU...it is ALL true


I have just one more thing to say to the involved parties: "I'm gonna be OK because I'm movin' past YOU".

8 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

LOVE HER!!!

Great post...that is what we have to do in order to heal...move past those who have harmed us...

Good for you.

Miss Defective said...

Sounds like you've made a good step forward in handling things the way you are. Hope the feelings of peace & joy continue.

Marie said...

DW-Love her too! Her music gives me reason to hope. Let the healing begin.

Sid, I would like to thinks so. Let's hope I can stick to my guns here and have no further contact with thoes who have wronged me.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Nice blog. Fantastic layout. It shows your artistic inclinations. Beyond the pain and constant struggles, your artistic talents stand out. Keep it up. God bless.

Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to visit anytime

JLee said...

good for you, Marie. It's funny how Stevie's lyrics always seem to relate to something in our own lives. Take care!

Marie said...

Jlee-Yes it is funny how her lyrics speak to us in trying times. That is why she is my favorite artist.

Rain said...

Just catching up Marie..

I love Stevie Nicks and I recently went to see her in concert...She is awesome!!

You are doing the right thing..taking care of you! Let the healing begin!

((hugs))