Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back In Vegas

Well friends I moved back to Las Vegas from Pahrump on Thursday. It has been an event filled week. On Monday I lost my job so you may ask how was I abel to move? Severance pay-which is almost gone because I had to rent a truck, pay 13 days rent and buy food. I am now closer to my friends and to potential job opportunities. I am glad I don't have to fill the tank every other day even though it appears that gas prices are coming down a little bit. The only mishap was returning the truck.

We were on Flamingo and Jones when the truck broke down. We had to wait at least an hour for a tow truck to arrive. I was not so much bothered by that as I was telling stupid people that I was broken down. If you have the hazard lights blinking what does that tell you? I got out of the truck at least a dozen times to inform people that I was broken down. By the fifth or sixth time I was REALLY annoyed. Oh well life goes on.

After the tow truck returned the breakdown to the UHAUL place, I talked to the manager about some compensation for my aggravation. The only things they could do was to not charge me for gas and they took only $10.00 off my rental charges. I saw that this paticular truck had a recent history of breakdowns as early as Tuesday of this week. Knowing this my roomate suggested that I write a letter asking them to refund me my rental charges because they rented me faulty equipment.

The first night in my new home was interesting. I did not sleep well because I had some animal issues. My new roomate has two small puppies (they are very cute). The problem was that they did not leave my cat Duke alone. I had to hold and pat him for a good portion of the night. It got to the point that Duke began growling and hissing at the puppies. I knew then Duke was PISSED! I had to ask my roomate to take the puppies in her room so that Duke would calm down and that I could get some sleep.

Spent most of the day on Fri/Sat unpacking, and resting. I did have to rent a TV. One of the things I had to leave behind (in addition to the $50 they owe me) at my brother's house was my TV set because I could not fit it in my car on the day I was thrown out. As soon as I start getting posotive cash flow again (either by working or collecting unemployment) is saving for a new TV.

Not much else to tell except that I am glad this move is over. I hope I will not have to move again for a little while.

7 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Hope your stay in Las Vegas will be fine and there will be no more hassles. I pray to God that you will be reemployed very soon and you can get your life back to normal again. Moving is part of life.

Thanks for the very personal and insightful post. I enjoyed reading it.

God bless you with all the finer and pleasant things in life.

JLee said...

Good luck with the new place! You'll get settled in no time...

Dr. Deb said...

I hope things settle down for you too.

Tery Lynne said...

Hope things go well for you...I linked this blog, too at my new blog.

Las Vegas must be exciting to be at. I wish you the best :)

Marie said...

Thanks everybody. It feels like I am starting over. Let's hope that is true.

Rain said...

Hi Marie,

Change is always a good thing and life will start getting better for you soon.

Hang in there sweetie =)

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I hope that this week is going better. You have been through a lot lately and I commend you for picking yourself up and moving forward. You have some serious wells for strength.

I'm proud of you. :) HUGS.