Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For Sid

This post is dedicated to my friend Sid. I just want to say to her that she is not alone.


The Dream

The dream comes to me in my bed and in the dark of night,
Every time it came, it would cause me fright.
In the dream, someone comes to my bed, breathes in my ear
and down my neck, I tried to scream what the heck!
The dream tries to grab hold of me and I try to fight back,
I am weak strength is what I lack.
I try to scream for mommy but the scream does not come,
I wanted to leap out of my bed and begin to run.
After the dream came, I forced to wake from a peaceful sleep
I tried to go back counting sheep.
I tried to fall back into slumber and the dream returns again,
Some day the dream will stop but for now, I wonder WHEN?

7 comments:

sbwrites said...

Marie,
Hope you're doing better. Thanks for your comment on today's post.

Susan

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Dreams are dreams. They may be part of our troubled minds. Who knows? Sometimes dreams become so real, they may actually affect our lives. We just have to see them for what they really are- a premonition? a warning? a dramatization of a magnificent obssession? or just a figment of our over extended imagination?

God bless you in all your endeavors in life.

Miss Defective said...

Thanks for posting this. Very well written.

Dr. Deb said...

That was very special and kind.

Rain said...

Just stopping by to say hello and I want to give you a (((hug)))

tiara said...

Very strong poem. Thanks for sharing with us!

Bleeding Heart said...

You write wonderful poetry. I can only write it when I am really down.