Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Tale of Dishonesty

Well friends once again I am unemployed. I was served with my walking papers yesterday. There is a story here which I will be only to glad to tell. Here is how it went down.

I was called into the GM's office about 4:30 yesterday afternoon at which time he informed me that I was being terminated due to the fact that he recieved a bill from the placement agency for $6000.00 which he refused to pay. He went on to tell me that it is not the policy of the Westin to hire employees through placement agencies. If they had known I was from an agency they would not have hired me to begin with. So after I left, I called the agency to tell them what happened and I found out something VERY interesting. It turns out that the accounting manager (my former boss) called the agency looking to fill a position and I was available. She knew damn well that it was an agency who sent me to her and she hired me on the spot without going through proper channels. This tells me two things: one she lied right to my face and two she superceeded the chain of command because she was in desparate need to fill the position(if the hiring through agencies policy is accurate). So I asked the agency to do some investigation into this. I found out today that despite the agency bill that they were going to terminate me because they (manager and supervisor both of which I think are two faced bitches) felt that I was not picking up the work quick enough. My former boss also told me that I would have a check waiting for me today and all I had to do is come by and pick it up. So I went to by there (drove all the way from Pahrump) and there was no check there for me. As it turns out the HR director was informed of my termination this morning so she really did not have time to process a final check for me. I also asked to speak to her regarding the hiring through agencies and she did not have an answer to my question.

The way this was done was utterly dishonest and dispicable as far as I am concerned. If they were concerned about me picking up the work (after only 30 days, gimme a break)they should have told me up front instead of lying to me and playing mind games with me. This I will not condone. I am left to wonder how many others they haved fucked over in the past. This is not a kind of company I want to work for anyway. So I lost my job and the agency lost $6000.00 in revenue. How many more people will they fuck over until they get it right?

6 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Marie,
I'm so sorry. I think the way it was handled was very unprofessional, and unfortunately, you were the one on the losing end. It's NOT FAIR at all!!!

(((((Marie)))))

tiara said...

Awful and unprofessional! You should turn them in....

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

People are so awful now a days. I wish that you didn't have to go through that shit. GOD people make want to slam my head through a plate glass window sometimes.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
I'm so sorry that this unfortunate thing should happen to you. Let not the spirit of hatred and bitterness cloud your heart. As the saying goes, when one window closes, another door of opportunity opens.

There will surely be a better job waiting for you. Just hang on and trust the Lord that He will give you something much better than your last job.

I will pray that the Lord will provide you with a better and higher paying job, and also for your complete healing and deliverance. Again, I do commiserate with your temporary loss of employment.

God bless you with all the wonderful provisions He has in store for you in His great storehouse of blessings.

Marie said...

Thanks everybody! I firmly believe that these people will get what's coming to them. As the old adage says: you reap what you sow.

Rain said...

Gosh Marie that really sucks!
You are right you really don't want to work for a company that is sheisty.

Hang in there sweetie, things will get better soon!

(((hugs)))