Sunday, October 16, 2005

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

     Ever since I was a kid, I have always been fascinated by Hollywood and its lifestyle the glamour and glitz, the beautiful people and the MONEY!  I often fantasized about living the Hollywood life (and sometimes I still do even now).  What intrigues me the most is celebrity marriages and relationships.  We have all at one time or another read the tabloids Star and The National Enquirer to see whom in Hollywood is hooking up and breaking up.  Love and relationships are timeless they do not change, whether they are in suburbia or in Hollywood.  We poor folks in suburbia fight mostly about money and the lack of it.  I guess when two celebrities hook up they have other issues such as career aspirations, philandering, who is more successful, pressures of the media and so on.  I was in the grocery store this morning and I happened to see the latest issue of US magazine, and the latest casualties of war are Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.   I think this one was just a matter of time.

     I have been following this story a little bit (I have more important things to do besides fascinate myself with celebrity lives) and I have heard and read that Jessica's dad is still a very influential part of her life advising her to focus more on her career than her marriage.  Is he her manager, I am not sure?  I was always under the impression that when a woman gets married her husband is the primary man in her life and her father should keep a little distance.  I guess I am a little old fashioned (but slowly changing these points of view).  If her dad is in fact her business manager then I guess he was only doing his job as manager.  I suppose with this generation anything goes.  I guess when you are young (not to imply that I am an old hag) one tends to be more career driven than love driven.  I guess they figure that they can have it all.  You can have all of the fame, fortune and power your heart desires but you will not take that crap with you to the grave.  Nothing's perfect, if it were the world would be a boring place to live in (and I hate boring).

     I am not saying that ALL celebrity marriages and relationships fail.  Look at Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson just as an example.  These two have been together  for over two decades.  No marriage or relationship is perfect, it goes through stages and it takes a lot of work.  They have managed to keep it together despite the Hollywood machine.  Maybe the younger generation should take some tips from couples that have been together a while.  Oh well, I guess that is part of growing up, something that everybody is destined to do.  A lot of us (me included) are putting it off for as long as we possibly can.

     I am anxiously awaiting the next casualty of war.  Will it be Ashton and Demi?  Only time will tell.



     

     

7 comments:

Marie said...

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. I just can't believe some men leave their women at home to raise the kids. I grew up with this kind of thinking and now look at me? I am appaled however to find the Kev's ex, is now the nanny. I think I have now heard it all! Thanks for the comments.

Mary Alice said...

Marie,

I read your post and comments on my blog. I’ll comment later.

MA

Mary Alice said...

Put up a new blog. Tried to be funny. Ya right.

MA

Shannin said...

My man leaves me at home to raise the kids.....and I'm so appreciative. How lucky am I to be able to see every new stage, hear every new word, etc. I also get more hugs and kisses any one person is entitled to. It is a tough job and is extremely exhausting, but is WELL worth it. I am glad to be "one of those" women with a man like mine.

Marie said...

Shannin, did not mean to offend you. I just believe that it took TWO people to make the baby and it should take TWO to raise it. I guess these days I have a difficult time coming to terms with the way things should be and the way thingas actually are.

Thank you for your honest and sincere commnets. I look forward to hearing from you again. I would like to update you on the brother/sil situation. Take care of yourself.

Shannin said...

no need to apologize...no offense taken, and even if i had taken offense....who fucking cares?!?!?! this is YOUR blog, where you can say whatever YOU want....you should never have to appologize to your readers...I don't!
Yes, update me....I noticed she commented on my blog...I was taken aback by it....whats up?

Marie said...

Shannin,wrote you a nice e-mail on your yahoo address. I guess I am just too nice. I do not like to offend people uneccessarily. Maybe I should start being more of my super abrasive self. Did you check out the Maxine post? These are things I would like to say to some people on a DAILY basis. Take care.