Sunday, October 30, 2005

FOR JUDE

Jude, you asked me to give you a sample from the book.  I chose the following poem.  It is called “The Voice.”  Only three verses to this one.  Please feel free to critique and give an honest opinion.  I have always said that I cannot improve without constructive criticism.  

To all of my readers, I hope you enjoy the poem.  It took a lot out of me to write it.  This book for me is a real journey.


The Voice

     Once I was battered and torn with no place to turn,
     I thought my heart and soul would forever burn.
     I cried out, “please make the pain stop” but no one heard my voice,
     I always felt like I never had a choice.
     Years have gone by; I was searching for the answers to the hard
     questions that life always asks,
     I tried so desperately to remove all of the masks.
     One day you came; a soft voice in the night that said, “come to me,”
     Now alone and lonely I will no longer be.

     Now that I have seen you and heard your voice, it says, “I am here, call me,”
     You helped me to discover the truth that I was too blind to see.
     The voice helps me regain my dark soul, out of the abyss and into the light,
     Now I no longer live with fright.
     The voice is one of tenderness and compassion; things that this cruel world lacks,
     It has given me some pretty hard whacks.
     The voice says, “tell me all of your doubts and fears,
     The things I have lived with for many years.

     The voice is what I hear in my darkest hour; it comforts me,
     It holds me, as I have always wanted to be.
     The voice is one I can only hear say that I am OKAY,
     Like the child I never was, I could finally go out and play.
     The voice eases my pain and sorrow of the past and
     gives me hope for the future,
     Now my wounded soul I can finally begin to suture.


Well there you have it campers, a small look into my soul.  The title of the book is Breaking The Silence…A Survivor’s Story.  I hope to have it completed and published sometime in 2006.
I am going to publish this work on LuLu.com.  From time to time, I will post updates on the progress and share my feelings about it.  That’s it for now.
     

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. You write well because you write so honestly. Sorry, but I have no criticism to offer about this piece. Good job!

-jude

ps the first to stanzas were just beautiful. Hooked me.

Marie said...

Jude-thanks for the comments. I think writing should have been my career choice. I suffer from avoidant/anti-social personality disorders. I am actively pursuing wirting as my new career chioce. You will understand why I suffer from these social disorders after the book is published.

Thanks again for your nice comments. Happy Halloween!

Mary Alice said...

Read your stuff comment this weekend. Good job!

MA

Marie said...

Seth, thanks for the comments. I am wondering where you guys hang out. I may drop by and say hello. Take care and have as much fun as you can. Try not to work too hard. Later

Mary Alice said...

Marie,

Your piece was truly amazing. Your piece is amazing because you beautifully channeled your pain into something positive. I have always believed that life’s little (and some times big) pitfalls are actually a blessing in disguise, even though it may not seem like it at the time. If we remember to be strong we can transform our painful experiences into something positive. Let your feelings flow onto the paper or keyboard. I’m so happy so hear that your book is coming along. How did you do in your interview? Vegas seems like a fun place. Why did you choose to move to Vegas? Have you ever been to Beacher’s? Can you post some Vegas pics?

Mary Alice