Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Official...I am part of the bum squad. Which means I am unemployed!

     This is my way of dealing with the “trauma” of being fired.  At approximately 3:30 this afternoon, I ended my tumultuous reign as resident troublemaker at the “Corporation State.”  I am not sad or angry all I am is humiliated.  The following scene is an accurate account of when went down as I received my walking papers. Some of this has been fictionalized and embellished for artistic content.




     She is standing there filing when The Almighty summons her to his office.  As she walks in, she sees a security guard and thinks that this cannot be good.  She is filled with anxiety as she closes the door and sits down.   He looks at her and says, “This action plan is not working out so we have decided to terminate.”  Dumbfounded but not shocked, she replies, “Okay.”  He goes through his rehearsed corporate story and tells her about things such as benefits, unemployment and so on.  When he is finished she asks, “Why is security here, I am not going reach over there and strangle you.”  She is given forms to sign and her final paycheck then asks him politely to ask the security guard to leave.  He says, “No anything you have to say you can say with him here.”  

     She gets up. She is followed by the guard out of the Almighty’s office.  She walks down the hall to the place where she has called home and begins to clean it out.   As they ride down the elevator, she realizes that she has left something behind.  They ride back up to retrieve the missed item of memorabilia.  She turns around to see them all standing there waiting for her exodus; she is now humiliated.   In a flash of biting wit she says, “Well, it seems that I have an audience.”  She then gracefully bows to the people at her left and then to her right.   She then with security in tow, boards the elevator one last time never to return.  



I am thinking now that it is for the best.  I can take this time and focus on my writing.  With unemployment and my 401K I should be okay until tax season starts in January 2006.  Here are my final thoughts about this humiliating experience.   I cannot believe that senior management would watch me leave.  I felt like saying don’t you people have nothing else better to do; but I refrained.  I am also perplexed by the fact that people are fearful about what they do not understand and don’t want to understand.  If “leadership” acts this way I did not want to follow them anyway.  I have always gone against the status quo and not be one of the crowd.    I guess that is one of the reasons I am now gainfully unemployed.  I will not miss Ms. Nosey Parker and the Compulsive Queen.  Therefore, they all can relax and continue their practice of backbiting and double standards.  I know come Monday I will be the topic of conversation.  They will relentlessly put me down; after a spell I will be yesterday’s news.


So for you at the “Corporation State,” BUSINESS AS USUAL!



     






     




10 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for your sincere comments. I refuse to go out quietly. I will take it to the wall. Don Henley wrote, "I will not lie down..I will not go quietly." I am glad its done. Now I can focus on my writing. Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Why????????????Why did they fire you???????????????????
And if you really made that comment at the end and bowed, I so admire you now.
Those office people sound like buffoons, and funny and degrading stories you could write about them in your next post?

Take Care and Keep Your Spirits Up
Jude

Marie said...

Jude, made the comment but not the actual jesture (I think that I should have). and really give them something to talk about. How would they like thoes apples. Look my message to them is BITE ME!! I am such a nice girl. This sleeping pill is starting to take over and I will have to be going to sleep soon. Take care Jude. Always love to hear from friends.

Mary Alice said...

Marie,

Sorry about the job. Best of luck.

MA

Pirate said...

Though it would have been of bad taste and probably caused some additional probelms but too bad you couldn't have said something humiliating to the prick when he said the security guard was there and you can say what ever in front of him. Something like I guess this is what happens when someone cathces you wearing women's underwear or I guess this is the response to me telling you quit oogling my ass.

Good luck. I will be one of you new readers. I look forward to watching the opportunity build you.

Mary Alice said...

Marie,

The link you gave me did not work. What is blogger play date?

MA

Marie said...

MA-I sent you the original message that I got. I think the playdate is like a convention for bloggers. The choice for the playdate is between Chicago and Las Vegas. I will e-mail you the actual site. Sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous said...

i remember the time i was made redundant.on my last day i remember 2 things.first one a guy came up to me to ask me about a piece of work i had done,i said that was going to personnel in 15 minutes to hand in my ID and sign the forms,he said ,well you are still employed at the moment,i told him to fuk off.

second ,as i was walkin out of the office for the last time,my boss,ie the bastard who put me forward for "downsizing"walked towards me with his hand out,the fukka wanted to shake my hand,i am glad to say i left him standing in the middle of the office,a bit petty but i still feel good when i think back on it.

Leroy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie said...

Thanks for the comments. I love the fact you left him just standing there. Great!

I know having a job really sucks but I have to support myself since I am single and have no prospects at the moment.

I will take this time and focus on wtriting. I know at somepoint I will have to go back into the fires of hell if I want to eat.

Thanks for dropping by. Visit as often as you can