Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A SEASON OF MELANCHOLY

For the past several weeks I have been dealing with a lot of sadness and stress in my life. I have been looking for a new job, dealing with family dysfunction and dealing with crap at my present job. I am often depressed and I am constantly lethargic. When I get this way I write poetry as my release. I have written a new poem that I would like to share with everybody. It is titled Nothing Is Right. Well, here it goes:

Nothing is right; it is all a mess,
Things learned begin to digress.
Nothing is right; I am always sad,
Life has nothing to make me glad.
Nothing is right; I live with fright,
I put gloves on and begin fight.
Nothing is right; I have lost hope,
I go inward to try and cope.
Nothing is right; I cry with all might,
I live in darkness not with the light.
Nothing is right; I am wild eyed,
I go under the covers to hide.
Nothing is right; nobody wants near,
They all run away because of fear.
Nothing is right; like the rain,
Until again, I live with the strain.

It seems when the low points come that is when I do my best work. I have decided that this poem will be a part of the book. I know deep down that things will get better eventually. Right now on the surface the low points seem to be driving me to despair. Next week is Thanksgiving and I will be trying to find out what I am thankful for. Hope everybody is well and keeping busy. Well campers that is it for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

marie,

wonderful poem. smile and here's a hug to cheer you up. Have you thought about taking a vacation? I wish I could say something to make you feel whole, secure, and happy...
but know that your sadness has produce an exceptional poem.
Jude

Marie said...

Jude-glad to see you back my friend. I hope all is well with you. I would love nothing better than to take some R&R but I am flat busted broke. If I ever do get funds for a vacation I just may come to see you in England. That would be kind of cool. I hope some day to meet both you and Mary Alice. Thanks for you kind words of encouragement. I have posted some of my other poems on poetry.com Please check them out if you get a chance. Just type Coppla, Marie and the list should be there. Have a wonderful evening. It always does my soul good to hear from friends.

Mary Alice said...

Marie,

I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling down in the dumps. Please remember that there is indeed something right in your life. Marie, you have your health and your life, as long as these two key components are steadfast life can get better. We all have to deal with stress, family problems, and monetary worries. You cannot let these stresses weight you down. You must find a way to grow from your pain. You can’t let it push you down. Remember life is all about perspective. A truly successful person is able to take a “negative” situation and spin it in their best interest. Marie, you must do the same. Off hand I can say that your worries are inspiring your writing. That is a positive right there.

Mary Alice

Marie said...

Thanks again for the comments. Yes writing is my release. It seems when I am down I do my best work. Thanks for stopping by.